Modern hearing aids are durable, reliable and easy to use.
Nevertheless, wearers should take some basic precautions in cleaning, care and hygiene. That way they will give you many years of trouble free service.
Dirt, sweat and grooming products can severely damage your valuable high-tech hearing aid so it is wise to make time every day to clean and dry it.
This will keep it in good working order and prolong its life.
Everything you need
Our webshop Hearbase Direct stocks all the equipment you need to keep your valuable hearing aid in tip top condition. All our prices include VAT and postage is free on all orders.
Cleaning and drying your hearing aid and the ear mould if you have one is vital. Clean your hearing aids by wiping them carefully with a soft, dry cloth or tissue. Avoid cleaning solutions as they can damage it and do not get the aids wet.
If you have a behind-the-ear aid ideally you should wash the ear moulds and tubing every night in warm soapy water and then rinse them. Leave them to dry before fitting them back onto your aids.
At our webshop you’ll find everything you need to clean and dry your hearing aids and keep them in peak condition.
- Cedis cleansing tablets – cleans and dissolves wax from ear moulds. To be used with Cedis cleansing pot
- Cedis cleansing pot – a simple, reusable tool for cleaning ear moulds
- Hearbase cleansing spray with brush – effortlessly removes impurities and bacteria from hearing aids and ear moulds, with a simple pump action
- Cedis cleansing tissues – lemon scented tissues for cleaning and disinfection of hearing aids and ear moulds
- Cedis airball – for blowing moisture and liquid out of ear mould tubing
Keep your hearing aid free from a build up of moisture
It is also very important to keep hearing aids dry to make sure they work properly. You can’t avoid moisture completely because hearing aids are worn on the body. To perspire is natural and you never know when you will be caught in a downpour.
There are special drying systems for hearing aid care. You will find everything you need for this in our webshop.
Ready to wear
The best way to deal with moisture is to put your hearing aid in a reusable Cedis drying pot before going to bed. You should open the battery door before placing the aid in the drying container. This means moisture will be able to escape more easily.
Add a Cedis drying capsule to the pot and leave overnight. In the morning your hearing aid will be ready to wear.
We also stock the very latest in hearing aid care and cleaning technology – the PerfectDry Lux disinfection and drying system. Place your hearing aid inside the box and press the blue button. The heat will completely dry and disinfect your hearing aids in just 30 minutes.
At our webshop you will also find special tools which make it easier to look after your hearing aid.
- Cleaning tools 5-part – includes brush, cloth, wax and vent cleaning tools for in-the-ear hearing aids and ear moulds for behind-the-ear hearing aids
- Maintenance tool 3 in 1 – includes a brush for cleaning vents and tubes and a microscopic screwdriver and magnet for easy removal and installation of batteries.
If you clean and dry your hearing aid regularly it should give you many years of trouble-free use